Support for multiple windows?

Hi I’m considering OpenRNDR for my next project.

I wanted to ask if it supports multiple windows as I have not been able to find any examples.

For my usecase I would want to have a small control panel UI window on one screen and then the output on a secondary screen as a fullscreen window.

Is something like that possible with openRNDR? Could you point me to the right direction? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @joekhan! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think the multi-window feature is available in openrndr 0.4.5-alpha2
You should get that version if you use the next-version branch of the openrndr-template.

There are at least two demos you can study under openrndr/openrndr-demos/src/main/kotlin at master · openrndr/openrndr · GitHub

Let me know if you try it! I still didn’t have time to give it a spin :slight_smile:

Cheers!

This looks really promising thank you! Will try right away :smiley:

Seems to work pretty well but I’m facing an issue where the contents of the window shrinks to 1/4th of it when moving it to a secondary display. Is this perhaps a known issue on macOS? I am also able to reproduce the bug running the default template demo on master branch:

I hear that it might be related to mixed DPI and this probably needs some work. I’ll post more news when I have them :slight_smile:

Meanwhile… is there any way to have the same DPI in both screens?

Hey there! Sorry about the late reply.
Yes, that’s what I’m doing for now :slight_smile:
In macos display settings I can set the external display to be in the resolution marked as HiDPI and then things work fine

1 Like

Off-topic but I’ve been watching your videos on shaders and they are extremely helpful! Hope you guys can make more in the future :smiley:

1 Like

I’m happy to hear that, thank you for letting us know! @Alessandro has been very busy with work lately and I hope he has time soon for some more conversations. Looking forward to it :slight_smile: