Feedback & Corrections

Hi there !

I’m Robert, I do code & art, here’s are some of my creations
https://mobile.twitter.com/BlueAquilae

I’m learning OpenRNDR !
So much work and extensions.
Runway, Palette, Poisson Fill
Love it all !

I’d like to share some feedbacks but not sure where’s the right place.
You may close or move this post.

A. In documentation Rectangle dimensions got a copy pasta
=>[dimensions] IS NOT the center of the rectangle

B. In build gradle I can’t set use openrndrUseSnapshot or orxUseSnapshot to true
=> 0.4.0-Snapshot are not deployed to maven so it break the build

C. I’ve tried to work with the Vector2 GUI Control but under OSX but if the UI grid position is OK the label value is never updated and move instantly to 0. Found from a tutorial on this forum.
=> To clarify the property in the GUI for Vector2 is not updated correctly

D. Can’t add orx-boofcv as plugin
=> you can add it in the gradle, the remote maven dependency is missing

E. Using OliveApplication is working but using it as extend draw a black screen at the first update
=> Using what the doc says : program {
extend(Olive())
} is not working but using oliveProgram instead of program and removing the extend is OK

I’ll keep using it, it’s so much fun !

Best Regards,
Robert

2 Likes

Hi Robert! Welcome to the forum!

I’ve seen your works on Twitter before. Great stuff! :slight_smile:

For feedback this is a good place I think. Could you please provide a bit more details about each issue?
A link and/or some copy-pased details or error messages would help find those issues faster.

I’ll add letters to each issue in your post so we can discuss them one by one without getting lost.

Glad to see you here!

Yes Abe we already shared about our commons love for generative.

I’m learning from your examples here. JVM is one of my toolbox, so happy to works with it.

I’ve completed as much as I can, I can details depending on your questions.

I’ll be lurking here and here for more cool stuffs :smiley:

A

In documentation Rectangle dimensions got a copy pasta. dimensions IS NOT the center of the rectangle.

Ah this link I was looking for :slight_smile: which can be fixed here. Done!

B

In build gradle I can’t set use openrndrUseSnapshot or orxUseSnapshot to true => 0.4.0-Snapshot are not deployed to maven so it break the build

How to use the 0.4.0 snapshot is explained at the bottom of GitHub - openrndr/orx: A growing library of assorted data structures, algorithms and utilities for OPENRNDR
After doing that you need to set the setting to true and reload gradle.

C

I’ve tried to work with the Vector2 GUI Control but under OSX but if the UI grid position is OK the label value is never updated and move instantly to 0. Found from a tutorial on this forum.
=> To clarify the property in the GUI for Vector2 is not updated correctly

Which tutorial? Could you share your code? This seems to work for me. It moves a circle that uses v2 as center.

@Vector2Parameter("A Vector2", order = 6)
var v2 = Vector2(200.0, 200.0)

D

Can’t add orx-boofcv as plugin
=> you can add it in the gradle, the remote maven dependency is missing

Good point! Edwin added his BoofCV helper methods yesterday and the openrndr-template was not yet updated :slight_smile: I’ll send a PR for that.

E

Using OliveApplication is working but using it as extend draw a black screen at the first update
=> Using what the doc says : program {
extend(Olive())
} is not working but using oliveProgram instead of program and removing the extend is OK

Olive was also just updated and maybe https://guide.openrndr.org/OPENRNDRExtras/liveCoding.html has not been updated yet. @kazik @ricardo @edwin ? I don’t know if both syntaxes are supposed to work.

With next issues I think it’s better to post them separately, as it makes it easier to discuss them and for others to find them with the search feature :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! It made me find another thing I can improve.

Good point! We just added BoofCV yesterday and forgot to update openrndr-template :slight_smile: I’ll add that.

Besides that I think we have to communicate that what you find in orx on master does not necessarily have to be part of a release already. As is the case with orx-boofcv

Olive was also just updated and maybe the guide has not been updated yet. [ … ] ? I don’t know if both syntaxes are supposed to work.

They should both work (this is highly untested so I may be wrong here). The documentation needs to be updated to cover oliveProgram workflow only, but there are some issues to be resolved first.

2020-05-17_12-21-39 (1)

Label not updated nor the parameters

Observe the names of the arguments. It’s not min, min, max, max but min, max, min, max :slight_smile:

And you’re right about the missing label. Reported! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah !
Copy Pasta from the thread

Post fixed! The order of the arguments did change in the past, therefore the outdated post you linked. Thanks for pointing it out!